Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Meet Your Colleague: A Q&A with Stephy Nobles-Beans, coordinator for ministry and multicultural affairs

Name: Stephaine (Stephy) Nobles-Beans

Job title: Coordinator for Ministry and Multicultural Affairs

Department: Chapel

How long have you worked at Whitworth? 14 years

What do you like best about your job? The students that I meet

In what ways do your gifts and abilities help meet the needs of the campus community you serve? My gifts and abilities help the campus community in the areas of spiritual support, prayer and mentoring.

Favorite book: The Bible

Favorite movie: “The Color Purple”

Favorite food: Jumbo shrimp (deep-fried)

Favorite quote: “I can, I will, I did!”

Favorite music: Instrumental smooth Christian jazz (I love to write poetry to jazz)

Favorite animal: Cat

Guilty pleasure: Peanut M&Ms

Hobbies: Writing poetry and plays

Best vacation ever: Caribbean

Birth place: Dallas, Texas

We’d be surprised to know that…I’ve written hundreds and hundreds of poems (for real!)

I collect…journals and butterfly pins

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Aruba – I want to walk on the white sands

What cartoon character best describes you? Minnie Mouse (she loves to talk, and so do I)

If you could try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt? To fly a jumbo jet

What is your favorite sound? A waterfall

What is your life motto? “Live Life Like it’s Real!”

If the whole world was listening, what would you say? “Love one another as Christ has loved you.”

Favorite childhood book: Mother Goose nursery rhyme book

Favorite childhood TV show: “The Ed Sullivan Show”

Least favorite word: Can’t

If you could go on a road trip with anyone (from the past or present), who would you choose and where would you go? Jesus, and I would love to go with him to Jerusalem and take a swim in the Jordan River

Best high school class subject: English