Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Meet Your Colleague: A Q&A with Printing Services Assistant Barbara Grigsby


Name: Barbara Grigsby

Job title: Printing Services Assistant

Department: Printing Services

How long have you worked at Whitworth? 24 years…Financial Aid, Computer Services, and the last 14 years in the Print Shop

What do you like best about your job? It’s not the Hillbilly music or Peewee Herman or Napoleon Dynamite soundboards, hmmm. There’s never a dull moment here in the print shop! But we all work together to finish all projects successfully and on time.

In what ways do your gifts and abilities help meet the needs of the campus community you serve? I love helping the campus community. My goal every day is to get all the requests checked off for the day. I am very competitive and compete with myself on this one.

Favorite movie: “March of the Penguins”

Favorite quote: “Every day will not be good but there is good in every day.”

Favorite music: Christian music, especially Michael W. Smith

Favorite animal: My Beagle dog, Bogey

Guilty pleasure: French-vanilla white-chocolate pumpkin chai tea

Hobbies: Watching sports, whether on TV or in person

Best vacation ever: My son Larry’s family trip to Disneyworld through the Make-A-Wish Foundation

Birth place: Ritzville, WA (lived in Connell, WA)

We’d be surprised to know that… I’m collecting bobble heads from all the major league baseball stadiums. We have to be there in person. So far I have 13 and two more on the way with our trip to the Mets and Phillies this summer, with a side trip to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY.

I collect…In addition to bobble heads, I collect Nativity sets – I have 64 sets right now.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Australia or take a ferry up to Alaska

What cartoon character best describes you? George(ette) of the Jungle

What is your favorite sound? My e-mail notification…it’s my three-year-old grandson’s laugh when he was one year old.

If the whole world was listening, what would you say? “Give peace a chance.”

Favorite childhood book: The Boxcar Children series

Favorite childhood TV show: There was so many good ones back then it’s hard to choose.  Unfortunately, they just don’t make them like they used to.

Least favorite words: “My bad”

If you could go on a road trip with anyone (from the past or present), who would you choose and where would you go? All the baseball stadiums with both my boys and my husband

Best high school class subject: English