Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Meet Your Colleague: A Q&A with Maxine Lammers, director of development for major gifts

Name: Maxine Lammers
Job Title: Director of Development, Major Gifts

Department: Institutional Advancement

How long have you worked at Whitworth? 10 months

What do you like best about your job? I enjoy the mission and ministry of Whitworth, my warm-hearted colleagues, and opportunities to walk across this beautiful campus.

In what ways do your gifts and abilities help meet the needs of the campus community you serve? I am relational by nature and my work both on and off campus gives me the opportunity to build relationships. It’a privilege and a responsibility!

Favorite Movie: “While You Were Sleeping” (I’m a hopeless romantic.)

Favorite Food: Homemade chocolate pudding

Favorite Quote: “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31

Favorite Music: Music by Mercy Me, Cold Play, Glad

Favorite Animal: Dog

Hobbies: Camping, gardening, biking, hanging out with friends

Best Vacation: Camping in Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada

Birthplace: Grand Rapids, Mich.

We’d be surprised to know that: I was robbed at gunpoint while living in L.A.

I collect....Recipes

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? New Zealand

If you could try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt? I’d be a professional writer.

What is your favorite sound? I love the sounds of the forest when I’m camping.

What is your life motto? “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

If the whole world was listening, what would you say? “Take care of the children!”

Favorite childhood book: Pippi Longstocking

Favorite childhood TV shows: “The Three Stooges” and “Mighty Mouse”

Least favorite words: “The American people…” What happened to just “Americans”?

Best high school class subject: Biology