Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Meet Your Colleague: A Q&A with Continuing Studies Program Assistant Khristina Cashell

Name: Khristina Cashell

Job title: Program Assistant

Department: Continuing Studies

How long have you worked at Whitworth? Since April 2009

What do you like best about your job? Working with a stellar group of individuals and knowing that our efforts really makes a difference to those we serve

Favorite book: I Am the Messenger, by Markus Zusak

Favorite movie: “Walk the Line”

Favorite food: Sushi

Favorite quote: “Maybe everyone can live beyond what they’re capable of.” – Markus Zusak

Favorite music: I enjoy all genres but prefer rock, alternative and pop over country and rap.

Guilty pleasure: Cold Stone ice cream

Hobbies: Snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking and cheering on my two favorite teams – the Griz (University of Montana) and the NY Yankees

Best vacation ever: Our first (now annual) trip to Seattle to take in all of the Emerald City’s sites and to watch the NY Yankees play. The group of attendees has varied from year to year, but it always includes my two best friends from college.

Birthplace: Butte, Mont.

We’d be surprised to know that…I’ve met my favorite musician – Mat Kearney – thanks to a pair of tickets I won from a radio station.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Rock of Cashel, Ireland

What cartoon character best describes you? Roger Rabbit, because I like to cheer people up when they are down and I can laugh at myself when I’ve been a goof

If you could try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt? Graduate from law school

What is your life motto? Everything happens for a reason

Favorite childhood book: Peter Pan

Favorite childhood TV show: “Fraggle Rock”