Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Meet Your Colleage: A Q&A with Heather Rogers, associate professor of economics & business

Job title: Associate Professor, Department Chair

Department: Economics & Business

How long have you worked at Whitworth? 5+ years

What do you like best about your job? I love working with people, especially students.

In what ways do your gifts and abilities help meet the needs of the campus community you serve? I feel that my organizational skills provide structure to situations that can often feel chaotic. I am goal-oriented and love to work on projects that have a finish.

Favorite movie: “The Shawshank Redemption” (I love that the accountant is the one who figures out how to break out of prison.)

Favorite food: Steak

Favorite quote: “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” – Albert Pine

Favorite music: Contemporary Christian

Favorite animal: Horse

Guilty pleasure: I schedule a massage once a month.

Hobbies: My kids – I love watching their sports

Best vacation ever: Singapore in the summer of 2010 to watch my son compete in the Youth
Olympic Games

Birth place: Lewiston, Idaho

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would like to travel around Europe

What cartoon character best describes you? Roadrunner…beep beep

If you could try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt? To be a professional singer

What is your favorite sound? Rain on the skylight window

Favorite childhood TV shows: “The Brady Bunch” and “Little House on the Prairie”

If you could go on a road trip with anyone (from the past or present), who would you choose and where would you go? After driving to Utah, North Dakota, and Southern Idaho within one month, I can’t even think about another road trip!

Best high school class subject: Math