Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Human Resource Services: A note of thanks; Whitworth welcomes Kyle Lantz; Drawing results

A Note of Thanks

Hello, Whitworth,

I want to send a deeply heartfelt thank you to everyone for the amazing outpouring of concern with my recent health issues. I received many voicemail messages, cards, e-mails, and flowers. The Whitworth community is like no other anywhere in the world. I’m absolutely blessed and humbled.

With that said, I also want to express how much I value the power of prayer and would greatly appreciate your continued prayers as my doctors continue to monitor my situation to determine the proper course of action towards my recovery.

Again, thank you all so much. I am truly blessed.

Sincerely,

Claudia Gallagher
Academic Program Coordinator
Athletics & Kinesiology


Whitworth Welcomes Kyle Lantz

Name: Kyle Lantz

Job title: Resident Director, East Hall

Start date: Aug. 1, 2011

Previous employer/position: On-site director for Taylor University’s International Study Program in Greystones, Ireland

“Kyle is an engaging individual who will be a great addition to our residence life staff and to the Whitworth community. His master’s thesis focused on the experiences of African American students at predominantly White faith-based institutions. For the past two years he has worked in Ireland with U.S. students who were participating in a cross-cultural, international experience.” - Dick Mandeville, associate dean of students


Winner of Spring Break Training Drawing

And the winner is…Lynn Noland (Academic Affairs). Congratulations! Lynn’s name was randomly picked from the list of participants who attended Spring Break training. Lynn won a Homerun Bubble Gum Bat (it’s very cute!) and a Whitworth Pirates water bottle. Thank you to ALL who participated and helped make spring training a success!