Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Meet Your Colleague: A Q&A with Marisha Hamm, Manager of Environmental Health Safety and Risk Management

Name: Marisha Marie Hamm

Job title: Manager of Environmental Health Safety and Risk Management
  
How long have you worked at Whitworth? 6 years

What do you like best about your job? It is never boring. I get to work with everyone on campus and learn new things all the time.

In what ways do your gifts and abilities help meet the needs of the campus community you serve? Since I was a child I have always prepared for and prevented against the worst-case scenario. It is the way God programmed me.
  
Favorite book: To Kill a Mockingbird. It is one of the first novels I remember loving and longing to read at every chance.

Favorite movie: “Grease”

Favorite food: Anything Italian

Favorite quote: “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind,” Dr. Seuss

Favorite music: Everything

Favorite animal: My dog, Dandy-lion

Guilty pleasure: Shoes

Hobbies: Reading and being a “dance mom”

Best vacation ever: Disneyland 2009

Birthplace: Missoula, Mont.

We’d be surprised to know that…I won a national championship as part of a dance team in high school. 

I collect…nothing. I hate clutter! But my daughter collects everything.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Serbia

What cartoon character best describes you? Wonder Woman

If you could try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt? Skydiving…because until I have assurance that I cannot fail, there is no way I am doing that!

What is your favorite sound? My daughter, Sophie, giggling

What is your life motto? Never judge a book by its cover. And if you tell me I can’t, I will show you I can.

If the whole world was listening, what would you say? Probably something silly as a result of being nervous

Favorite childhood book: Shel Silverstein’s Where the Sidewalk Ends, specifically the poem “One Sister for Sale”

Favorite childhood TV show: The Cosby Show”

Least favorite word: NO

If you could go on a road trip with anyone (from the past or present), who would you choose and where would you go? Anywhere with my grandma, but only if there is no snow on the roads. 

Best high school class subject: Math