Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Meet Your Colleague: A Q&A with Nicole Boymook, Associate Director of Residence Life

Name: Nicole Boymook

Job title: Associate Director of Residence Life          

Department: Student Life

How long have you worked at Whitworth? 13 years

What do you like best about your job? Working with fabulous Whitworth students

In what ways do your gifts and abilities help meet the needs of the campus community you serve? I have degrees in business and counseling, so I feel like my job helping organize residence life and working directly with students is a great fit for my abilities

Favorite book: In the Name of Jesus by Henri Nouwen

Favorite movies: “Chocolat” and “Amelie”

Favorite foods: Sushi and seafood

Favorite music: I think the better question for me is: What type of music do I least like… country. Other than that, I like it all.

Favorite animal: Zebra

Guilty pleasure: Shopping

Hobbies: traveling, scootering, reading, shopping, photography, techie things like shiny Apple products

Best vacation ever: Last spring I went to Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris. 

Birth place: Lansing, Michigan

We’d be surprised to know that…I have only one kidney.

I collect…shoes.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? New Zealand

If you could try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt? Kite boarding

What is your favorite sound? Ocean waves

What is your life motto? Luke 6:31

If the whole world was listening, what would you say? “Be nice.”

Favorite childhood book: The Velveteen Rabbit

Favorite childhood TV show:  “Scooby Doo”

Least favorite word: Not appropriate in this venue

Best high school class subject: I loved my French class. I wasn’t very good, but I loved the class.